I started the Whetstone Newsletter in January this year with an ambitious goal of a weekly publishing schedule. That proved to be a bit much for me to maintain at the beginning. I was hurriedly writing the evening before the next issue was due. I didn’t feel that I was able to give my best on several of the issues because of my procrastination and schedule. I also began to doubt myself. Can I really do this? Is it worthwhile? I don’t have anything worth sharing. There are so many other and better newsletters/blogs out there for guys, mine isn’t needed. The doubt and negativity continued.
Summer provided me the excuse to hit the pause button for a bit on this experiment. I signed up for a paid course on platform building (platformuniversity.com). Part of the course work was to survey you guys. So, I sent out a survey and hounded you to let me know what you want in a newsletter. The results, especially the comments, were very encouraging to me. Over 50% responded to the survey! From what I know about emailed surveys, that is an excellent response rate (Thank You!). So as a direct result of the survey and some wise counsel from mentors and friends, I’ll continue the newsletter. But, with some changes.
Here’s what’s new:
- Monthly Newsletter – Published the 2nd Wednesday of the month.
- Unscheduled Posts of original writing by your’s truly.
- More articles, videos, and podcasts in each newsletter. With a longer interval between issues comes the opportunity to add a little more content for you
Here’s what’s staying the same:
- The best hand picked links and commentary to thought provoking articles, podcast episodes, books, and quotes – without the noise and fluff.
- Encouragement and strategies to live out your calling as a leader in your home, community, and work.
Again, thank you for your support of the Whetstone Newsletter! Start looking for the next issue beginning October 14th and continuing the 2nd Wednesday of each month.